Microsoft Inspire, an annual Microsoft Partner Conference for the first time in history, was showcased virtually this year allowing partners from around the world to join.
Partners heard from various inspirational keynote speakers, along with executives taking point on the subject of the changing business and consumer landscape as an effect of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Gavriella Schuster – Corporate Vice President of Microsoft, in her opening keynote announced the four key areas which are Microsoft’s key focus for FY21, impacting organizations in a post-COVID world:
- Enabling remote work
- Business continuity
- Cloud Migrations
Many of the product announcements and future roadmaps at Microsoft Inspire 2020 centered around the theme of making remote work more accessible, “the full value of Microsoft 365 as a secure, remote work collaboration solution” Gavriella said.
Here are some of the main headlines and and product announcements.
The future of Remote Work for Partners
Part of the new “remote everything” movement, Microsoft announced that it’s focus would be on:
- Empowering employees,
- Optimizing operations,
- Transforming products,
- and Customer Engagement.
What was first considered to be a temporary solution, has now become a permanent shift in the way businesses will operate post COVID-19. By empowering their end customers with new modes of working and building resiliency and rebuild businesses. Delivering more cloud-based enhancements like Windows Virtual Desktop, Microsoft Teams, and Power Platform solutions.
The new face of Microsoft 365 – Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams, this year’s ‘game changer’ mentioned through the event was established as the new ‘remote work ecosystem’. Uniting communication and collaboration between employees through one platform.
As partners began the transition around empowering employees through these solutions, security concerns were addressed as data is transferred between digital locations.
“We are helping customers meet compliance requirements and protect their most sensitive information. The new Endpoint Data Loss Prevention in Microsoft 365 helps organizations identify and protect sensitive information across all their endpoints,”Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO
Microsoft Inspire 2020 – Product Announcements
Business Applications Announcement
- Microsoft released a pre-built Power Platform solution that will help customers prioritize health, security, safety and streamline the process of returning employees to the workplace.
Microsoft 365 and Teams updates
- Power BI personal app for Microsoft Teams – a centralized hub for data visualization and accessibility.
- Microsoft Lists – a new Microsoft 365 app that facilitates easy information tracking and organization of works. Available in Microsoft Teams by Mid-August.
- New capabilities in Microsoft Teams to support the first-line workers.
Azure Updates and announcements
- New multi-factor authentication and Privileged Identity Management support in Azure Lighthouse.
- Launch of the latest member of Microsoft’s hybrid portfolio – the next generation of Azure Stack HCI. It is the fastest and easiest way to integrate existing datacentres with cloud.
- New Azure Migrate enhancements to enable customers to conduct richer datacentre assessments.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Voice capability to offer out-of-the-box integration with everyday applications.
- Preview of Dynamic 365 Connected Store – the AI tool that uses intelligent edge devices like video data and IoT sensor data to deliver triggered alerts and actionable recommendations.
- General availability of Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection with new capabilities like Account Protection and Loss Prevention.