- Comply with the Privacy Act 1988, the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APPs’);
- Ensure that we manage your personal information in an open and transparent way;
- Explain the type of information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information;
- Explain how you can obtain details of the information we collect from you;
- Make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and
- Keep your personal information secure.
What is your personal information?
What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
We will only collect from you information that is necessary and relevant to the specific service or services that we are providing to you. We may request that you provide some or all of the following information:
- Information that we may require to identify and contact you, including your name, address, telephone number and/or e-mail address;
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to delivery those products and services and to respond to your inquiries; and
Why do we require your personal information?
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices. To fulfill obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between the individual and the Company.
– To render services related to ABTechnologies business such as warranty or after sales services.
How do we collect your personal information?
The means by which we collect your personal information will depend on the nature of the service that we are providing to you. We may collect your personal information:
- Directly from you, either in person or over the phone;
- When you submit your details on our website, or
- From other sources.
A cookie is a small data file that websites may write to your local computer storage when you visit them. The only personal information a cookie can obtain is information supplied by the user. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related purpose such as:
- Set up and activate your account with ABTechnologies
- To enable us to provide a product or service to you;
- To respond to your queries or requests about our products and services;
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- To relevant third parties to undertake fraud checks;
- To advise you of new products and services, including for marketing and re-marketing purposes.
- To facilitate and process your orders and payments
- To advise you of new products, services, and industry specific information.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. ABTechnologies reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
Changes to this policy
Call: (07) 1300 705 062
Alliance Business Technologies,
10/a Evans Road,
Salisbury, QLD 4107,